Date Published 15 March 2019
If you`re thinking of selling your property these few tips could help you to improve it and get yourself some extra cash!
• Identify & remedy structural problems. You should fix structural problems before tackling cosmetic improvements. Examples could be;
Leaking roof with missing or broken tiles
Structural cracks to walls
Rotten roof timbers
A collapsed floor
• Ensure central heating is in working order. Adding or updating the central heating will add value & needs to be done.
Seal drafts around doors & windows
Replace windows that are beyond repair with double glazing
Add insulation to your loft space
• A loft conversion. A typical loft conversion costs £500-£600 compared to around twice the cost to do an extension. It`s a great investment.
• Tackle superficial defects
Squeaking or sticking doors & windows
Door latches that don`t work
Mouldy sealant in the kitchen or bathroom
Broken or damaged windows
Squeaky floors or stairs
Cracks in ceilings or plasterwork
• Make over your kitchen or bathroom. This can be essential for both buyers & valuation surveyors & can give the property a new lease of life.
• Don`t forget the garden
Tidy it up
Clean up, weed, tidy litter & dead plants
Repair & feed lawn
Cut back overgrown trees & bushes
• Add more storage space
Dead space either side of chimney breast or end of corridors
Space in eaves
Under stairs space
Space in attic
• Just by decluttering, adding a lick of paint & careful styling its possible to add 5-10% to the value of your property. Some simple ideas include;
Adding wooden floors
Repainting throughout in neutral shades
Upgrading light bulbs
Makeover to kitchen & bathroom
Styling with furniture, lamps & accessories and flowers
Obviously, some of these are larger tasks that wouldn`t be undertaken lightly but even if you`re intending to sell in the future, they could be worth considering. Some of the easier tasks can be easy to do and could bring you that larger return which is exactly what you want! Here at Marshall Property we can value your property for you & get you on the market! Contact us on 0151 733 1879 for more information.