Date Published 11 December 2018
1. Plan plan plan - Christmas is a pretty hectic time & throw moving into the mix & you`ve got chaos! Make sure to confirm your move in date well in advance. You want to be comfortably moved into your new property by Christmas Day itself so make sure to accommodate this.
2. Be Organised! - This follows on from the first tip but being organised will be your saviour. You want to start your packing 2 weeks before your moving date & make sure that all of your boxes are labelled correctly to save stress when unpacking at the new place. Organise any help well ahead of time too. Whether that`s friends & family or a removals firm get those plans locked into place.
3. Let your utility providers know about your impending move & get your change over scheduled. You don`t want to be without gas, electricity, internet or television when arriving at your new house. This isn`t what you need over the Christmas period. Also, make sure you keep people updated with your new address. You don`t want the in laws sending your Christmas cards to your old house.
4. Get your Christmas shopping done as early as possible! You don`t want to be running round looking for slippers for Nana when you`re trying to decide where to fit your new sofa.
5. Finally (& this is the most important one!) - celebrate & enjoy Christmas! The festive period only comes around once a year so make the most of enjoying it with your loved ones.
From all of us at Marshall Property have a very Merry Christmas!