Date Published 10 March 2018
There are a lot of mistakes that sellers typically make when it comes to selling their house and that can make the difference between selling quickly and your property being on the market for a while.
• Overpricing is a big problem. After receiving your valuation from your agent, you should trust their judgement when it comes to pricing. They will have compared your property to others in the area to make sure that the price is right so trust that they will price your property correctly.
• Don't refuse to compromise. To seal the deal on your sale you may need to leave a little wiggle room.
• Make sure that you prepare your property for viewings. You need to make sure that the house is clean & tidy as clutter and mess can deter potential buyers. Also, make sure the property smells clean & fresh as this can also be off putting. You may love your pets but viewers may not so make sure that during appointments you keep them out of the way and also ensure that the house doesn't smell of them.
• Sometimes a few quick fixes & repairs can be the difference between receiving an offer on your property and not receiving one. If there are any small problems that you can fix before you put the house up for sale, then you should do it.
• You should ensure that you hire an experienced agent to sell your home. Don't try and do it yourself and don't just choose the cheapest person for the job.
• Make sure that the photos that are advertising your property are good quality. Photos can be the first thing to pull a potential buyer in, bear in mind that these are the first impression of your property.
• You should be flexible when it comes to viewings. If you want to get your house sold, then you want to get as many viewings booked as you can to make sure that you're getting a good mix of people. It's probably best if you're not there when viewings are being carried out. You don't want a potential buyer to feel overwhelmed or under pressure because the owner is there.
These are just a few tips & tricks to follow to give your home the best chance of selling!